![]() |
| Statue of Liberty |
It is 9:40 EDT in New York City I am late for the liberty
cruise trip as if pacing up with every tick of the watch on my hand I am trying
to run faster and faster, yes that is what my life had been for the last one year.
The most memorable one year of my life and the toughest one still feels like it
was yesterday that I was struggling with my 110 kilos of luggage in Charles De
Gaulle Airport and marked my never
ending struggle. With my two or three phrases of French ( I am not sure those
qualify as phrases :)) I could survive
in France makes me immense proud but again honestly it was not without these
awesome friends I made ( my blind dog ) I know if she is reading it she will be
laughing I wouldn’t have survived that
long.
![]() |
| Acropolis, Athens |
I have lived life for the first time in so much of freedom
and stress. Missed my first train and flight too drank my first cocktails
without worrying of not be scrutinized wore my shortest outfits without people
gazing at me all time, have travelled back home alone at 2 am in the morning alone
and the worst was walking bare foot on the street after taking of my painful
heels . I have taken 20 subjects in 7 months have done 8 hrs of classes for the
first time in my life,have done sign language talking with a large number of
people and laughed as they laughed too,
have worked like a dog every day and
cried in frustrations too J.
I have now friends from every continent and from countries
of which I had heard only the names. Have cooked for my friends rice, moosor dal and nuggets who havenever have seen dal in their life . Felt
thrilled when my friends addressed dal as yellow sauce and asked the name of
nan ( the cheese bread) every time they forgot . Made “gajar ka halwa” popular
in Colombian households as “ Carrot
dessert” and suggested the replacement of Ghee with butter .I have met the most
warm and awesome people of my life during this time.
![]() |
| Belem, Lisbon, Portugal. |
I am lucky to have lived the life I always dreamt of the
life of a traveler who has weird stories to tell , small adventures and atleast see the world as much as possible in
this life but I have very less time in hand I have started late but its better
late than never . Atleast I have 2 suitcases for my belongings to survive on let me live with it and live
life to the fullest because when I die I will go empty handed.



No comments:
Post a Comment