Its 3:40 am in my homeland I am sitting in a lounge in
transit half sleepy ,tired exhausted when I could have easily slept in my cozy
bed in Kolkata no I am not here on a business trip or a client onsite .Its a
trip on which I have spent most of my
savings it’s a self-paid trip in quest
for knowledge. I am 27 years 7 months and few days old and I don’t know what
would you say I am old or young my mother says I am still young for some people
I am already of age where I should be getting ready to reproduce coz I am on the threshold of
getting too old to give birth to healthy offspring. So now coming back to the
reason what made me not take a home loan or a small car and live a happy content
life It lies in the fact that How I treat life.
I am a woman with loads of tantrums Life hardly makes me
content but then I had been a all smiling happy person throughout my life. Born
a woman in a small town in an ordinary middle class family I hardly had
exposure to the outside world never been to any of the esteemed school or given
a proper kind of guidance and I never was happy I complained all the time and
as slowly I grew up from this little girl who would actually declare in her
girls group at the age of 15 that’s its ok to have sex before marriage if you
are aware of the consequences which made
me almost an outcast J.
I was rebuked by my peers for wearing sleeveless top to college and talking in English
yes that’s true. Nothing has changed no
matter what we scream or shout woman has some definite decorum to maintain and
that been there for centuries workplace
was not much better coz no matter where u work
the people define the workplace being a woman wanting indefinite freedom
I suffered there to being constantly eyed as an outcast or rather Rebel not everyone was bad some were confused I
still remember people not understanding my reasons for not putting vermillion
or being religious.
I know my society calls me Extravagant because I take men as
equal not as a money lending machine I am not a bra burning feminist because I can’t
carry a 30 kilo baggage a guy does or stop tears when seeing an emotional movie.
My only fault is that I can’t just be instructed to do things .I still don’t understand the point of woman depending on the
opinion of husbands to choose their wardrobe or do things. I feel funny when
people say your husband ALLOWED you to do something? I guess vice versa is true guys would know
better .Yes I am an extravagant woman because I still watch super hero movies
with same enthusiasm and love buying electronic gadgets over ornaments and make
up I still want to look good in my mirror so that I feel confident when I walk
down the street I don’t curse my in-laws day in day out because I have better
work to do rather interfere in their lives and wear a saree to their place
because acceptance should come for the way you are.
Life is a journey and I want to live it like the way I want
to not by what society has decided for me.I am a coward because I couldn’t fight
any longer. I felt like a that tree
which was outgrowing in that small pot and needed to be moved to a place where
it can spread its roots.
I am here again on a voyage and I am lucky enough to be the
captain of my ship ready to face the open sea.
.jpg)

1 comment:
I already commented about the blog post earlier. Very authentically put.
The Shot of the Eiffel tower is amazing!
Post a Comment