It was 31st of December, like many festive struck Kolkatans dressed
up in woollens and camera in hand I was out with my sister to capture
the Kolkata winters. I have this affinity to take Volvo buses not
because of the a/c or that the passengers appear better it is simply because
of the fact that these buses have huge see through glasses which are
most of the times tinted with ads so magnanimous that I can afford to
stare at anyone ,anything for any amount of time - being the person
who I am, i get awed by very silliest of details at times
Our bus was moving through one of the busy streets when I suddenly see
a long queue, so long that it seemed almost endless human thread running
across the footpaths people kept on staring it was a sight not for its
length it was because the people standing there were wearing something
that displayed their religious belief. I over heard a conversation
between two gentlemen “See their numbers ,and they claim they are
minority” for a moment i was not even surprised because being born
brought up in a nation where there is secularism in the constitution
and segregation in the name of classes and religion these kind of
attitude is so much known to me.
I kept on looking at the human chain for quiet sometime, I started
looking at the people's faces yes and they were so similar and almost
similar to the faces of the men discussing about them, strange
“Minority” - are we or them bunch of endangered birds or animals - the
answer is “No”. We were all the same the same species Homo Sapiens
according to the latest edition of Wikipedia we 6.97 Billions and yes
even if we saw we have existence of different ethnicity but that too
happened after we started moving from the place where we originated
but here the in this particular instance even that fact doesn't come
into count what makes some group of people minority - we suffer from
same diseases
same problems same schools same colleges.
My point is why differentiate people on their religion because my
common sense say “religion is a practice, a belief “ and we cannot be
differentiated on what we believe in.
I know i might sound cliché quoting the great men about equal rights
, sovereignty and secularism. The Earth was a home to human beings as-much
as for other species we have grown to almost 7 Billion in number that
is because we had what none other species had the “intellect” . We
have outgrown every other single species residing on this earth . We
are Majority and will remain to be one till we loose what made us what
we are today our “Intellect”.
up in woollens and camera in hand I was out with my sister to capture
the Kolkata winters. I have this affinity to take Volvo buses not
because of the a/c or that the passengers appear better it is simply because
of the fact that these buses have huge see through glasses which are
most of the times tinted with ads so magnanimous that I can afford to
stare at anyone ,anything for any amount of time - being the person
who I am, i get awed by very silliest of details at times
Our bus was moving through one of the busy streets when I suddenly see
a long queue, so long that it seemed almost endless human thread running
across the footpaths people kept on staring it was a sight not for its
length it was because the people standing there were wearing something
that displayed their religious belief. I over heard a conversation
between two gentlemen “See their numbers ,and they claim they are
minority” for a moment i was not even surprised because being born
brought up in a nation where there is secularism in the constitution
and segregation in the name of classes and religion these kind of
attitude is so much known to me.
I kept on looking at the human chain for quiet sometime, I started
looking at the people's faces yes and they were so similar and almost
similar to the faces of the men discussing about them, strange
“Minority” - are we or them bunch of endangered birds or animals - the
answer is “No”. We were all the same the same species Homo Sapiens
according to the latest edition of Wikipedia we 6.97 Billions and yes
even if we saw we have existence of different ethnicity but that too
happened after we started moving from the place where we originated
but here the in this particular instance even that fact doesn't come
into count what makes some group of people minority - we suffer from
same diseases
same problems same schools same colleges.
My point is why differentiate people on their religion because my
common sense say “religion is a practice, a belief “ and we cannot be
differentiated on what we believe in.
I know i might sound cliché quoting the great men about equal rights
, sovereignty and secularism. The Earth was a home to human beings as-much
as for other species we have grown to almost 7 Billion in number that
is because we had what none other species had the “intellect” . We
have outgrown every other single species residing on this earth . We
are Majority and will remain to be one till we loose what made us what
we are today our “Intellect”.
3 comments:
Awesome!!!Last para carries a completely unique thought...never read such a beautiful piece anywhere.Loved it.One of the best from you.
i think u write it down after durga puja ...I think so...well nice one..:)...keep it up..
Typically a professional begins his/her career with an operational role. As per Aloke Ghosh Any professional must have a good academic profile and good work experience.
Post a Comment